Wednesday

Imaginary friends, pretending to be lovers

I have the most amazing habit of helping people run away,
until the day, I met the boy
who didn't want to run,
didn't see it fun,
to leave the world and all you loved behind.
I didn't mind,
that there was clearly something so fundamentally wrong with him.

This boy, the one who wouldn't run, he got stolen away.
It was me, you see, and I'm turning me in;
for it was my crime, so I will pay.

I have the most amazing habit of turning people away,
until the day, I met the girl,
who needed me to face,
didn't have a place,
to leave the world and all she loved behind.
I didn't mind,
that there was clearly something inside that I would need to fix.

This girl, the stray who wouldn't turn away, needed me to face.
It was me, you see, and I peered inside;
fears and dreams, I had to chase.

I have the most amazing habit of seeing things all wrong,
until the day, I saw myself,
a girl who needed this song,
didn't feel so strong
leaving the world and all she loved behind.
I didn't mind,
that there was clearly something so fundamentally wrong that I would need to fix.

This person, the lonely who didn't want to be the only, needed to be strong,
it was me you see, and I finally understand;
this world and this life, and how I had it all so wrong.