Sunday

Kinetic Potential


I will never understand god and I won't pretend that I do. I'm not going to say that jesus saved me, when there were so many times it wasn't him. What about when I saved myself? What about all those that lost themselves to save me? No one is praying to them. Not that I have anything against faith. I just put my faith in a select few. I'm sure jesus was a good guy anyhow.

Kinetic Potential

I like to smoke
and walk on ledges
in shoes that make me 2 1/4 inches taller.

I listen to songs in
my head, that haven't been written.

And I take the longest way around
because I don't believe
in time.

Passing the man, passing out
bibles on the street;
your god that hates
has no reason to love me.

I walk with determination
going no where at all.

Standing still on busy
stairs to make you stop:

look around, it's a beautiful
moment. Don't pass it by.

The trees are purple, they wear it well.
I tell them so. They smile.

I like the smell of pot,
the linger in the air,
home sweet home
and all that.

I'm always early,
I like the alone.
A moment of silence
to watch.

in the silence
in the moment
in the heart

We're all the same
when we stand still.


Besides. If jesus really existed, he wouldn't read the lines typed from a sleepless girl's fingers.
Even if he did, he'd forgive me anyway. I heard he does that...