Tuesday

Wine in a Can & Conversations in my Head

"You're wearing sunglasses, at night, do you have something to hide?"

First off, don't talk to me, that's not why I'm here. I do not need you to question my minuscule decision. Frankly, I didn't even want to be here.
I couldn't sleep, I wanted to drink, and I'm still quietly hoping these wonderful haunting thoughts will go away. They don't. 
Back to your question...

I say "No," I always will. Hide? No, not me, nothing, never. 

You ready for this? You ready for the truth? I'm hiding all the secrets in the world. I'm hiding all the lies people have told me and all the truth I see in spite of what they say. I'm hiding your secrets. What I'm hiding in these eyes are scary thoughts you couldn't handle. 

All these thoughts, especially those I wish away, I keep them locked up for you.
You deal better while ignorant. 

My secrets are on my chest and you look away. 
Don't worry, he won't look either. Jerk.